Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Deployment Questions Post Reply Post New Topic
moosetracker

Online Status: Offline
Quote moosetracker Replybullet Topic: Deployment Questions
    Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 12:32pm
I haven't gotten stuck with this yet, but just reading it and I am lost.

Page 406 & 407 in the CR.net programming states I need to merge Modules in for Crystal to work. It states to right-click on the project name and select add | Merge Module..

Well right click project name and I don't have "Add".. I have "Add New Item" "Add Existing Item" "Add Reference" "Add Web Reference"

Right click on the solution and I do get an "Add" but nothing that says Merge Module. I get things like "New Project" "existing Project" "New Website" "Existing Website"

So where am I confused???Wacko

P.S. This is CR 2005 using VB.net 2005.. And I am building an ASP.net application  (If any of this info is needed.)
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2008 at 4:28pm

Hey there - just saw your other post (I'm working around  the clock to get the CR.NET 2005/2008 book to the printer by tonight). Anyway, I think you are clicking on the wrong project. The project you are supposed to click on is the Setup and Deployment project.  For example, look on page 412 for a sample image. In fact, if you follow the steps starting on page 411, this should walk you right through it. Let me know how that works out for you.

You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
moosetracker

Quote moosetracker Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 3:21am
Thanks,

I was really in the section to figure out why my export to PDF that worked now did not work (got it working again.) Hit upon this which looked straight forward, that it was talking about (THE project) and thought "Why not stick it in while I am thinking about it, rather then forget it." .. Then, "let's get an answer before this holds up the deployment when I am ready to go."

I have about 25 more reports (out of 50) to add to this system before I am ready to deploy it. Luckily the reports are built, in an older windows based VB version it is just adding the logic for the button selection, and parameter questions etc I am working on building. Now I got a working routine, so the rest is just following... I hope to be ready to do my first deployment early next week.

Good luck with your new book.
Moose
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version