Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Issue related to DB Schema Post Reply Post New Topic
danielsds

Online Status: Offline
Quote danielsds Replybullet Topic: Issue related to DB Schema
    Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 8:42pm

Hi,

I’m facing an issue with Crystal Report. I don’t have that much experience in using CR with .NET. I have simply created two reports:

1.       Report1.rpt using dbo.table1

2.       Report2.rpt using {schema}.table2

I have to show this report in a CR Viewer. So I simply followed the MSDN documentation (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms225270(VS.80).aspx) and compiled and run the reports.

Report 1.rpt shown up as expected. But, while showing Report2.rpt it throws an exception, which is given below:

The table 'table2' could not be found. Error in File C:\DOCUME~1\daniel\LOCALS~1\Temp\sample1 {97D268F4-890F-45D2-8DC8-C862D3E77E90}.rpt: The table could not be found.

When I took the preview of report2 it showed me an alert:

---------------------------

Remove Table

The database table "table2" cannot be found. Proceed to remove this table from the report?

Yes   No  

If I choose ‘Yes’, that’s it, all fields would be removed from the report. Rather, if I choose ‘No’, it shows up the data. However, report1 doesn’t give me any issues.

The database connection details are setting during run time.

I have searched the internet and wasted 2 days, but didn’t get a solution yet. Since ‘table2’ is owned by a schema I must admit that the issue is bound to this. Can you help me? I appreciate any help on this.

Edited by danielsds - 06 Jan 2009 at 8:43pm
Cheers!
Daniel
IP IP Logged
danielsds

Online Status: Offline
Quote danielsds Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 4:05am

Hi,

Looks like very less people uses this forum!!!

I have solved this issue myself. Please take a look into below steps I followed to resolve it:
1. Instead of using VS.NET 2005 I have developed the report using V2 2008
2. Removed the direct usage of tables and replaced them with SPs
3. Copied the .rpt file back into the VS 2005 project folder and accessed it successfully from my app in 2005

The error message "Table {table} not found; ......" still shows in 2008 if I use a schema owned table directly to design the report. This is still unknown for me. But in 2005, SP and tables used in the report givens me this error. Seems like this a bug as per http://ftp1.businessobjects.com/webprod/hot_fixes/MHF_readme/Crystal9/ce90dbexwin_en.pdf

Actually after reading this I decided to give it a try using 2008. I thought if it is a bug in 2005, it should have been fixed in 2008 :)

Thanks for your support

D

Cheers!
Daniel
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version