Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Print Orientation Post Reply Post New Topic
spaveley

Online Status: Offline
Quote spaveley Replybullet Topic: Print Orientation
    Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 5:27am
Hi,
I have a report that has a Page Header that applies throughout which is landscape but some of the Group Sections are Portrait. I want these Sections to use the Page Header too, so that is fine, but there seems to be a Blank Page printing that I think is because of the Landscape Header. How do I suppress this "extra page"?

I need the Header to be Landscape as subsequent sections are Landscape and use detail in the righthand portion of the Header. I cannot move the detail to be included.

Many thanks
Sam

MrsP
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 12:59pm
I'm confused. First off, CR can't mix portrait with landscape within the same report. So I think that I'm misunderstanding something. Second, you say that you want the detail on the righthand portion of the header to be moved. Where do you want to move it to?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
spaveley

Quote spaveley Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 4:24am
Hi there,
In the Section Expert Paging Tab I am able to have a Page Header that is Landscape (as the majority of my report/subreports is), then I have a  couple of Group Header Sections which I have set to Portrait. The options in the Paging Tab are for Default, Landscape and Portrait for all sections, so it seems this should be possible.

The Page Header has content all the way across the page, but on the Portrait Pages I only want the content in the relevent width to print, which it does, but then I also get a Blank page with the remaining Page Header Content. Sorry hard to explain.

So I am printing:
Landscape HeaderHeaderHeaderHeaderHeaderHeaderHeader
Page Content OK
Portrait HeaderHeaderHeader
Page Content OK
2nd Portrait HeaderHeader on the right hand side of the page only
Blank Page   

In design I can see the portrait sections then to the right a greyed out area and then more white space taking up the remaining Lansdcape equivalent that looks usable but I cannot insert any fields into.

Does that make sense?
Thank
Sam
MrsP
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version