Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Passing Parameters to stored procedures Post Reply Post New Topic
Gimbal

Online Status: Offline
Quote Gimbal Replybullet Topic: Passing Parameters to stored procedures
    Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 9:31am
I am using the bundled version of Crystal Reports that comes with VS2008 and linking it to a SQL Server back end with vb.

I have the report running correctly (it grabs the stored procedure and runs it) but i have to input the parameter manually each time.

Does anyone know of a way around this?

I also had a problem with the database logon.....i managed to fix it but now my program tells me there are errors (but there are none in the list) and i have to run the last working version (which is actually the new version). does anyone else think this sounds familiar?

I've been struggling with the parameter propblem for a while now and cant find the answers i'm looking for...hence this post.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Gimbal
IP IP Logged
hill.kenneth.b

Quote hill.kenneth.b Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 6:02pm

Check to see if the order of your parameters in your SP are the same order as that in your CR rpt file. For example, if your CR rpt file has parameters in the order of:

@FirstName
@LastName

then make sure your SP has them in this same order.

Also, CR9 allows you to move the order of the parameters with the ALT-up keys by the CR tool in VS2008 does not have this feature.
IP IP Logged
Gimbal

Quote Gimbal Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 12:32am

Thanks for the reply.

There is only the one parameter (@param1), and it does appear in CR, i just dont know how i can pass the value to it.

I have a control on the page that holds the value, how can i then pass it to the report?

btw, this is a asp.net application (not sure if that makes a difference)

Thanks
IP IP Logged
SDB2

Quote SDB2 Replybullet Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 8:45am
I solved a similar problem by using a report "shell". What I mean by that is you create a report that just has a detail line and parameters (hidden in a supressed report header) with data types that match the parameters you wish to pass. Then, import your real report as a supreport and use the parameters in the "shell" to link to the subreport. (You don't even have to bring in your stored proceedure into the shell it is strictly that, a shell)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version