Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Multiple SQL queries Post Reply Post New Topic
GeorgeJ

Online Status: Offline
Quote GeorgeJ Replybullet Topic: Multiple SQL queries
    Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 4:52pm
Hi,
I am totally new to the CR and I am trying to change MS Access Reports to Crystal Reports. I am using VS 2008. I have created form with 3 combo boxes and button. I have 1 table, 3 SQL queries and 2 stored procedures (all in MS Access Database), and I want to execute them in order (they are feeding data to each other) depending on the user selection from the combo boxes. Can someone pls show me simple example of passing the parameters from combo boxes to the queries/stored procedures and also the way how to call the queries to display the result of the last one?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 1:03pm
Since you are using VS 2008, I would take a totally different approach than putting all that into the report's data source. Instead. use DataSet objects to create the final resultset and print from that.

It's perfectly fine to pass data from comboboxes to your report parameters, but you're creating a lot more work for yourself than necessary. If you wanted to do you, you can check out my CR Encyclopdia Book Vol. 2 for lots of VS.NET code samples. But going with the DataSet idea will save you a lot of headaches.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/097495361X/bischofsystem-20
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version