Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Error to creating the project of installation Post Reply Post New Topic
pnavarro26

Online Status: Offline
Quote pnavarro26 Replybullet Topic: Error to creating the project of installation
    Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 12:57pm

I am creating the project of installation for visual Studio 2003 and Crystal Reports 9.

As soon as I add Meg Modules and generate the solution the following mistake appears:

Two or more objects have the same location of destination(destiny) (' [gac] \crystaldecisions.crystalreports.engine.dll ')
Two or more objects have the same location of destination(destiny)  ('[gac]\crvspackagelib.dll')
Two or more objects have the same location of destination(destiny) ('[gac]\crvspackagelib.dll')
Two or more objects have the same location of destination(destiny) ('[gac]\crystaldecisions.crystalreports.engine.dll')
Two or more objects have the same location of destination(destiny) ('[gac]\crystaldecisions.crystalreports.engine.dll')

Someone can help me to solve this problem..Cry

Edited by pnavarro26 - 05 Aug 2007 at 12:59pm
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 4:41pm
I regularly distribute applications containing Crystal Reports using VS 2003. The process I use is to add a setup application to the solution I am working on. I then make certain I have the Project Output is included and the keycode in the appropriate place in the merger modules. I then build the setup project which becomes my installation application.

The difference from you is that I quickly moved from included version of CR and moved to v.XI (11). What I do not remember is if in version 9 you had to manually add the merge modules.

I dont know if this rough outline of a workflow will be useful, perhaps others in the forum have more suggestions.

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
pnavarro26

Quote pnavarro26 Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 5:14pm

Now it gives me a different mistake:

It is not possible to find the dependence 'CRYSTALENTERPRISELIB' (Version Signs = '692FBEA5521E1304' = '1.0.0.0') of the ensamblado 'CrystalInfoStoreLib.dll'

Is it dependence  that I must install? When I register it with the command regsvs32 it gives me a mistake and does not register

Edited by pnavarro26 - 05 Aug 2007 at 5:14pm
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 7:00am
My next suggestion is see if you have a reference to CrystalDecisions.Enterprise namespace in your primary project (not the setup application).

Another suggestion is to build a simple Crystal Install appication. Just create a new windows application, add the CR Windows Viewer to the default form. No other coding is necessary Then add a setup project to the application, make sure you have the project output included, the merge modules and keycode. Then build the setup application.  This is a 5 - 10 minute effort

What the second choice does is show whether there is problem in the other application or in the setup process. If the simple setup builds and runs without error, then you know to look back at the primary project. If the simple setup fails then the problem likely lies in the workflow being used to create the setup.

Let us know if any of this helps.

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version