Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Text box text cut off on right margin! HELP!!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
ausmoran

Online Status: Offline
Quote ausmoran Replybullet Topic: Text box text cut off on right margin! HELP!!!!
    Posted: 11 Jan 2007 at 7:38am
I have tried all that I can think of and cannot figure it out! I have a number of reports in which I use text boxes for paragraphs of text.  When I design the report in CR (version 9) everything looks fine.  I ensure that the right edge of the text box does not come close to the edge of the page, and I also set the margin (in page setup) to .5, instead of the default .25.  Yet still, when I run the reports, some of them cut off text on the right margin.  The text is being cut off, despite the fact that it is not close to the edge of the report.  I cannot figure this problem out.  It is something that I have been working on for months.  

Additionally, I have verified that the fonts used in the reports are available on the server, too!  So that is not the problem.

I will be forever in your debt for any assistance that you might be able to provide.  THANKS in advance,
 - Austin
IP IP Logged
tazpaj

Quote tazpaj Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2007 at 10:19am
I have had similar problems when using text boxes.

I have found that if I leave the margin at .25 and keep the right side of the text box at about 7.75 that I have success.

Hope this helps.
-P
IP IP Logged
ausmoran

Quote ausmoran Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2007 at 11:02am

Thanks, TAZPAJ, however, I've tried every possible combination and I still end up with truncated lines of text. 

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2007 at 2:43pm
have you tried specifying No Printer to see how that effects the output?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2007 at 2:45pm
What if you move that same problematic textbox to the middle of the report. Does it still cut off? If so, then that would indicate it is either a font problem or something with the actual text being displayed (and not a problem with the margins).
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ausmoran

Quote ausmoran Replybullet Posted: 12 Jan 2007 at 4:49am
I am not sure WHERE to specify 'no printer.'  Can you point me in the right direction?  Thanks so much for your help!

- Austin
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 12 Jan 2007 at 8:49am
Go under File | Page Setup. At the bottom of the Page Setup dialog box is a checkbox for 'No Printer'. This tells Crystal Reports to not do any special formatting for a particular printer driver and instead make it as generic as possible. This cleans up a lot of problems similar to yours.
IP IP Logged
CrystalVimal

Quote CrystalVimal Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2007 at 1:20am
Hi Buddy,
Try checking the 'Can Grow' option of the textbox and setting the value to 0. Right Click the Textbox --> 'Format Text' --> Common Tab...check 'Can Grow' and set 'Maximum Number of lines' to 0(Zero).
Hope This Helps!
IP IP Logged
VaughnBradley

Quote VaughnBradley Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 7:15am
ausmoran, have you had any luck with this? I have the same problem and have not found the fix to it.

Brian, do you have any more suggestions?

I am working on a Sales Quote form in SAP Business One. It has the typical Sales Quote lines, but here and there, I have text lines that need inserted. This is where I use a subreport which ties the text line to a normal line. My subreport only shows one field on it and it is the bulk of the width of the subreport, which is pretty much the width of the report. The field is a RTF Text field in order to handle the carriage returns. I have fiddled with this to make sure I didn't have a problem with margins, but can't get anything to work.

Like ausmorn (I think), This looks great in crysta reports (designer). When it is print previewed in SAP Business One, or printed, I am losing characters in the subreport.

Thanks for any help.
IP IP Logged
Jayawant

Quote Jayawant Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 9:28pm
Hey Guys, I was also facing the same issue and struggled a lot with different options and at last it worked!!!.

Following are the things I did. Right click the textbox and Go to properties

1) Enabled the "Can Grow" property of textbox with 0 number of lines
2) Set the Horizantal Alignment "Justified"  instead of "Left"

and it should work now.

Hope so this will work and help to go ahead...

-Jayawant

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version