Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Fixing Error: "Invalid Group Condition" Post Reply Post New Topic
SunilKanta

Online Status: Offline
Quote SunilKanta Replybullet Topic: Fixing Error: "Invalid Group Condition"
    Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 12:27am

Dear All,

I have Crystal Reports developed in Version 7.0. These reports are operating on Data Push model where I am pushing the dataset to the Crystal Report

In VB application, Crystal Design component is being used to view the reports. I am using CrystalReportViewer control to view the Crystal Report.

Some rpeorts are working fine. I am able to assign the dataset for all the reports along with its sub-reports. There are some reports, which have some sub-reports, and which expect some parameters. Morover, these reports are grouped on some database fields.

Such reports are throwing an exception:
"Invalid Group Condition"

Can anyone help me out in reoslving this problem.

Any idea or opinion is invited in this regard.

Edited by SunilKanta - 09 Aug 2007 at 12:29am
Thanks,
Sunil
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 1:01am
This can be tough one. First of all, there is a good chance that the dataset changed (even the smallest change) and this will cause problems. I would update the XSD file with the latest dataset structure and relink your database to it. Also, if you have any links to a database do Verify Datasource to make sure all is still linking correctly. Lastly, I would try breaking down the report to the basics. Have no parameters or grouping. Then add one at a time and test each time. Find out if one in particular is triggering it. This can be a tough one to track down so you have to take it slow and be methodical.

Hope this helps.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
SunilKanta

Quote SunilKanta Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 10:16pm

Thanks a lot, Brian.

I think this would have helped me a lot.

Even i tried the same way as you mentioned "breaking the report to basics". i first tried by avoiding groups (as it was error related to groups ), it worked fine for me.

Further i got to know that this error was triggered by one of the groups used in a sub-report.

I tried by eliminating this group and hurray!!......Report shows up!!

Thanks,
Sunil
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2007 at 12:05am
Glad to hear it! But the key question is why did THAT group trigger the error? Was the database out of synch or something else? Also, how were you able to pinpoint which specific group triggered it? If you know any of that info, this would be very helpful info for anyone who comes across this thread and has a similar problem.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version