Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppressing a Section Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 4:01am
month is indicated as 'm'
make sure your parameter is set to numeric data type

MAXIMUM({@flag},{table.partnum}) <dateadd('m',{?parameter},currentdate)?

for clarity for your future reports, this process is buildingt he groups and the group values and then excluding the groups. If you look int he group tree you will still see all the original groups (the tree is built before the group select criteria is applied). Also group select criteria can only be on group summaries that can be created using the insert summary function (not running totals). Running totals do not work in group headers because they do not exist at that point in time.

Edited by DBlank - 08 Dec 2010 at 4:01am
IP IP Logged
riker

Quote riker Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 8:36am

That worked thanks!

I hope you don't mind a couple more simple questions

First, I'd like to display the last used date. I can get this by displaying the Max @flag field but that leaves me blanks for the parts with no dates. When exported to excel they show up as 01/00/1900. Which is fine for when we do export it, but when printed out of crystal they are all blank. I tried a formula like this...

if isnull (Maximum ({@@flag}, {parttran.partnum})) = true then
"xxx" else
Maximum ({@@flag}, {parttran.partnum})

I was hoping to put something in the nulls like "never" but it doesn't like that. Am I on the right path here?

Second, I mentioned the costing data I have. It's so we can tell how much value this old inventory is worth. I bring in the current on hand QTY and have a formula adding the material, labor , etc... to give me the unit price. I then have a formula multiplying them together for my on hand value. When I then summarize the on hand value to get my report total I get the total for all detail lines returned instead of just what is displayed. We know we have a lot of old inventory but not 1.5 trillion worth! lol

Any help is greatly appreciated!
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 10:01am
1. You can convert the item to text if you want:
if isnull ((Maximum ({@flag}, {parttran.partnum}))) then "Never" else
totext((Maximum ({@flag}, {parttran.partnum})),"M/d/yy")

2. Sums always give you all rows, not displayed data, unless you create formulas (usually using variables)or RT's to handle the duplication.
I would have to see your row level data and your formula to help you fix that, but the concept is that you can use an RT with specific evalaution criteria to avoid the duplication of the numbers. Or you can try and convince the higher ups that your report is correct and the storage wharehouse is larger than they think and they need to have a really big sale.

Edited by DBlank - 08 Dec 2010 at 10:02am
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version