Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Added new parm to rpt, get Invalid Pointer error Post Reply Post New Topic
lqknox

Online Status: Offline
Quote lqknox Replybullet Topic: Added new parm to rpt, get Invalid Pointer error
    Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:55am

I am working in Crystal reports that is bundled with Visual Studio 2008.  The report that I am working on contains several subreports.  I added a parameter to this report (the report already had 2 parameters).  I made the appropriate changes to my VB code-behind.  Now, the report won't print.  It seems to be having a problem when it tries to open the first subreport.  I receive the following error:

HTTP1:localhost:3686<br />HTTP2:localhost:3686<br />System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Invalid pointer

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.get_Subreport(String Name)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.get_Subreport(String name)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.GetSubreport(String subreportName)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Subreports..ctor(ReportDocument doc)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.get_Subreports()
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.OpenSubreport(String subreportName)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.SubreportObject.OpenSubreport(String subReportName)
   at OACIS_Award_or_Deny_BudgetSummary_PrintRpt.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OACISProject\OACIS\OACIS\Award or Deny\BudgetSummary_PrintRpt.aspx.vb:line 101

Is anyone familiar with this?  What do I need to do?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version