Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: Scheduling Post Reply Post New Topic
kcheluvaraj

Online Status: Offline
Quote kcheluvaraj Replybullet Topic: Scheduling
    Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 7:14pm
Hi
How do I schedule a report to be emailed? I am selecting email receipients in destination but its not happening its saying
server error. CrystalEnterprise.Smtp: SMTP_E_TCPSOCKET_OPEN(2)

Please assist me

Thanks.
KC
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:39am
You have to set up email as a destination in two places in the CMC - the Destination Job Server and the Crystal Reports Job Server.  If the Destination Job Server doesn't exist, you just need it in the Crystal Reports Job server.  This is where you'll define the email server you're using so that your system knows where to go to send the email.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
kcheluvaraj

Quote kcheluvaraj Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 12:28pm
Thanks.

Its working now.
Thank you very much.
KC
IP IP Logged
robtyketto

Quote robtyketto Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 4:50am

Hi sorry to thread jack, i stumbled upon this post when i was looking for answers regarding a scheduling problem I have.

A new install of Crystal Reports server XI R2 11.5 has been put onto a new server and I believe the job in scheduling is stuck in pending due to the Crystal Reports Job Server has no destinations.

I'm struggling to understand why the destinations server and the program job server have destinations where the reports job server has none.

Can anyone please help in determining where the report job server selects its destinations from?

Thanks

Rob

Thanks
Rob
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 6:56am
You have to explicitly set up the destinations in the report job server.  Are you saying that there are none available to set up or are you saying that you haven't set them up on the job server so they're not available for scheduling?
IP IP Logged
robtyketto

Quote robtyketto Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:10am
Originally posted by hilfy

You have to explicitly set up the destinations in the report job server.  Are you saying that there are none available to set up or are you saying that you haven't set them up on the job server so they're not available for scheduling?

There are none available within the list and I cannot see any  options to add any from within CMC > Servers > Reports Job Server. Looks like it want's you to enable/disable ones from a list (of which there isnt one).

There are the defaults one for the program job server email (smtp) and inbox etc..,

Edited by robtyketto - 11 Aug 2011 at 11:49pm
Thanks
Rob
IP IP Logged
robtyketto

Quote robtyketto Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 1:33am
I'm not sure if the report job server destinations is a red herring or not, here is the error I see in the windows event log from the scheduler, as a report is stuck at a pending status:

On the scheduler the settings are not to use the job scheduler default settings and specify my own email addresses.

Tested with/without using job scheduler settings and the report is stuck at pending.

I have a working server where i can see destinations on the report job sever and assumed the scheduler used these settings when emailing out reports, is this correct?

Note: I only ever run one report at a time, there isn't an issue with volume.
Thanks
Rob
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version