Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: record count Post Reply Post New Topic
btran007

Online Status: Offline
Quote btran007 Replybullet Topic: record count
    Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 6:26am
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to Crystal Reports.  My question seems simple but I can't find a solution anywhere.  I am trying to implement Crystal Reports in ASP.NET 2.0.  The report is displayed after user select a value from a parameter field, i.e. account = "windows".  All users with "windows" account are displayed.  Also, I want to display the number of records found too.  Basically, the number of users who have "windows" account.  Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks
btran
IP IP Logged
wattsjr
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wattsjr Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 3:05pm
Hi btran,

I don't know about ASP.NET, so this answer might not work for you, but from a Crystal Reports viewpoint the following should work.

What you want to do is "Insert" a "Grand Total..." object into your report.  You can do this by clicking on "Insert" and selecting the "Grand Total" option.  In the pop-up that appears, select a data field that is in the Detail Section of your report (ie. Name, Account) and choose the "Count" summary option.

I hope that this what you were looking for.

Regards,

When you click on "OK" it'll place your counter in the Report Footer Section of your report.
-jrw
IP IP Logged
btran007

Quote btran007 Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 5:54am
jrw,

Thank you for your reply.  However, I can't seem to find "Insert" a "Grand Total" anywhere.  I see only "Insert" -> "Summary" & "Running Total".  I tried to insert summary with Accounts Count in different groups but it only returns grand total of a group not the number of users with a particular account.  What am I doing wrong?  Why can't I "Insert" a "Grand Total"?

btran
IP IP Logged
wattsjr
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wattsjr Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 8:38am

btran,

In the Crystal Reports design screen try right-clicking on the “User Name” in your Detail Section.  The list that appears should include the “Insert Grand Total…” option.

Left-click on that, and then select “count” as your calculation method.  After you click on “OK” a new object should appear in your “Report Footer Section” that says something like “Count of User Name”.

By the way, are you using a stand-alone version of Crystal Reports or the .Net version in Visual Studio.Net?  And which version is it?

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

-jrw
IP IP Logged
btran007

Quote btran007 Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 12:11pm
jrw,

I am using VS2005 Crystal Reports.  It doesn't allow me to insert grand total but I can use running total.  It's not exactly what I want but I am satisfied.  Thank you for your support.

btran
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version