Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Printing Crystal Reports On A HP LaserJet 1600 Post Reply Post New Topic
mZi32

Online Status: Offline
Quote mZi32 Replybullet Topic: Printing Crystal Reports On A HP LaserJet 1600
    Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 6:14am
Hi all. 

I'm having a problem printing my crystal reports to a HP Color LaserJet 1600 printer.  The preview comes up fine, yet when you print the actual document it's about 1000th the size of the page. So you end up with a tiny image of the actual document on the page instead of the actual doc. 

If any one has advice can you please give me pointers.
Thanks
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 11:49am
Have you double-checked that you have the latest print drivers installed? Does this happen for any other printers? What if you set the report options to be No Printer and see what happens?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
mZi32

Quote mZi32 Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 10:55pm
Yes the print driver is the latest available one.  The printer itself is a USB printer, no PCL or Postscript.  I've read up a bit on the differences between the two (helped a bit), but still can't determine which printer language Crystal uses.

The same document prints fine when you save it to an image, then print the image.  I also connected a HP LaserJet 1100 with IIIP drivers and that works.  As soon as I change the port for the 1100 to the USB, it stops printing, not even a test page.

I also worked with a HP Laserjet 3055, also USB, and it doesn't give these problems.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version