Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: sample db's Post Reply Post New Topic
Labrat

Online Status: Offline
Quote Labrat Replybullet Topic: sample db's
    Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 4:37pm
Hi,

I'm thinking about learning CR.  I understand a sample db comes with the software but I'm wondering if there are others out there?

TIA!

jf
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 5:51pm
Are there other sample databases other than the one that comes with Crystal Reports? What are you looking for? I don't know of any free sample databases you can get, but if you haven't seen the one that comes with CR yet, how do you know if you need another one? Confused...
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Labrat

Quote Labrat Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2007 at 3:47pm
I'm looking for something geared toward healthcare. 
IP IP Logged
Labrat

Quote Labrat Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 5:41pm
Got an another stupid newbie question.  If I'm not going to be "the" server admin in an enterprise setup should I focus solely on learing crystal xi and not mess with boe xi?   Or is there significantly more to boe xi? 

TIA!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 8:57pm
There IS significantly more to Business Objects Enterprise XI. I have never used it before, but it is designed for large corporations that need to do more than just print reports - it is geared for doing enterprise level business intelligence. I would say that you should definitely evaluate if this is something your company needs or not. But it is probably best to start with learning Crystal Reports XI and get a solid understanding of it first. This is going to give you a solid foundation. If you need use Business Objects Enterprise, then you are going to probably have to hire a consultant who has a lot of experience in this area to get you guys going in the right direction.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version