Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Last Page Different Post Reply Post New Topic
PhilAJ

Online Status: Offline
Quote PhilAJ Replybullet Topic: Last Page Different
    Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:59pm
Hope someone can help here...

I have a formatted report, actually a Sales Order Document, that has a couple of Page headers (some suppressed), 5 Detail sections (some suppressed depending on the type of data line), and a Page Footer.

I want to add a page at the end that shows Terms and Conditions and occupies the full last page - without any of the Page Headers or Footers.

I've added a Report Footer with the last page content - told it to print After new page; also suppressed the PHeaders and Footers with "Suppress when PageNumber=TotalPageCount " and also set the Suppress Blank Section on each.

It sort of works - but doesnt fill the whole page - still leaves blank space above. If I format to be a full page then it spans 2 pages and then I get the Page headers showing on 2nd to last.

Help would be much appreciated.

Phil

IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 2:13am
subreports always display inside the main report, so they use the main report's header and footer (hence when you insert a subreport there are no page header/footer).

so how to get around this....

depending on the data, you could run the subreport and have it populate shared variables then using conditional suppress could display the values on the report in the header and footer as desired.

you could run the subreport 2x, once to get the values for the header/footer section, once to display in the rest of the page

you could create a separate subreport to gather the header/footer information to display

If you can accomplish gathering the values using running totals or some other method that doesn't involve the subreport you gather them and then display them on the last page.

From what you've written, it sounds like conditional suppression of the 'original' header / footer and display of the 'subreport' information into that area is what is needed.

Once persons opinion, hopefully a few others will offer theirs

IP IP Logged
PhilAJ

Quote PhilAJ Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 2:37am
Thanks for the response Lockwelle - but I'm not using a sub report.

Phil
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 4:00am
so you have report footer B with your text
in the section expert you have
- 'New Page Before' as TRUE for RFb
-  the Page Header conditionally suppressed using totalpagecount = PageNumber
-  the Page Footer conditionally suppressed using totalpagecount = PageNumber

IN preview mode is the section identified (e.g. PH) at the top of the page where it is the blank space that you want to remove?
IP IP Logged
PhilAJ

Quote PhilAJ Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:42am
Yes thats correct
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:51am
what about the last question
"In preview mode is the section identified (e.g. PH) at the top of the page where it is the blank space that you want to remove?"
If it is identified, what is the section?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:55am
sorry misunderstood.

why not suppress the groups when OnLastRecord instead of page count.  After all you're adding a page which would invalidate the last suppression.

Once you hit the last record, it never changes.

HTH

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 10:33am
i was thinking about that too lockwelle but assumed it would suppress the PH and PF on either the last 2 pages or the next to last page since that is where the lastrecord would be printed,
however, I tested your suggestion and it seemed to correctly suppress the PH and PF only on the last page of the report (proving my assumption incorrect).

That being said I tested my other process out
( suppresion using totalpagecount = PageNumber)
and it also worked correctly for me in my test report, hence my curiousity on what section is still appearing on that last page.

IP IP Logged
PhilAJ

Quote PhilAJ Replybullet Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:00am
A bit weird guys. Tried to use ON LAST RECORD but that didn't work - printed it on Page 1 (only 6 records).

SO put back to totalpagecount = PageNumber, then Took off the NEW PAGE BEFORE and it works....

I'm tempted to backtrack and figure out what was causing it - but think I may leave well alone and just use it.

Thanks for your help.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version