Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: changing datasource without re-creating report Post Reply Post New Topic
Gatekeeper

Online Status: Offline
Quote Gatekeeper Replybullet Topic: changing datasource without re-creating report
    Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 5:14am

I now have two seperate sql databases instead of one to run my Crystal Reports from. My 10 to 12 reports run off three different sql views as the data source off these sql tables.Should I just manually type in the new N' <datasource> in my sql views when I want to run the new second set of (duplicate fields/duplicate format) reports?..... thereby not having to change the sql view data source name in the Crystal Reports themselves (which can be irritating to actually accomplish)

I tried making duplicate sql views and typed in the new "N' <project>'. Easy. Then I started changing the database source in my "save as" duplicate Crystal Reports.But Crystal Reports isn't smart enough to know to change all the formulas (oldprojectname.field needs to be newprojectname.samefield)?I would essentially have to re-create the entire report again and re-type all formulas even though I want the same exact fields and layout? Too much work. Easier to run first set of reports then edit the sql view "project" name N'<>
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 8:13am
you can update teh source by
Database menu >Set Datasource location
highlight what you want to change in the 'current data source'
select the 'new data source' in the lower window
click update

you can rename the table in the database >Database expert screen if you need to
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic