Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Background colors when the Detail rows run out Post Reply Post New Topic
wbbroyles

Online Status: Offline
Quote wbbroyles Replybullet Topic: Background colors when the Detail rows run out
    Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 8:52am
OK, I have a background color set for all the sections of my report -- report header, page headers, detail, page footer (report footer suppressed, no groups).  The detail rows run out in the middle of my last page, and for the rest of that page there is white background until you get to the page footer.  The area between the last detail row and the page footer doesn't have a descriptor on the left, so I'm not really sure what to call it, but I need it to have a background color, too, to match the rest of the report.  I also see that there is a white border in the margin areas of my report.

I was thinking that in XI there was a setting to set the entire background color of the report so that it would handle the margins and any unfilled areas of the report, like when your details run out in the middle of the last page, but I can't find any reference to it now, and I can't find anything like that in this 2008 version.

Is there a way to set the overall report background color to handle margins and the blank spaces when your detail rows run out?  Seems like this should have been something that is covered.

Thanks in advance -- Happy Crystaling!
Brad
IP IP Logged
wbbroyles

Online Status: Offline
Quote wbbroyles Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:05am
I think I found a solution on my own.  I looked at the provided High Contrast template, which uses a black background color that doesn't disappear when detail rows run out in the middle of the last page.  Their solution?  They just created a big black box drawing object that fills the page, so that each page, full of detail rows or not, has a big black box to give the background the desired color.  A little care is needed to make sure the colors, fill and stroke all match and that the box boundaries are all lined up, but it looks like a good solution.

Brad
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version