Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Using CR to insert Data - In Brian's Book Post Reply Post New Topic
jkwrpc

Online Status: Offline
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Topic: Using CR to insert Data - In Brian's Book
    Posted: 01 Nov 2007 at 7:18am

I have been struggling with writing a .Net application that uses Outlook email as a data source.  I need to move that data into SQL Server. The Outlook object in the version we have is not as robust as those that came after.

I have learned that CR will see more of the email 'data fields' than the Access data connection I needed to use to connect to Outlook.  Things like headers are available in CR but not in through the Access data connection.  If someone has a better solution let me know. I have spent far to many hours on the internet and using trial and error to get to the point I am at.  I am less that happy with the current connection.

Now to the point. in  reading Brian's book, I stumbled across the fact I can use it (Crystal Reports) to actually insert data into the database.  I am about to travel this road to see if it will do what I want. But the concept in the book, which is one I have never used or considered, opens up a number of possiblilties and further leverages CR as a tool.

Its one more reason to get the book, these kinds of nuggets can really help the developer. Its Brian's tip/trick but I wanted to pass it along.

After I have given this tip a spin I will post an update.

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version