Announcements
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Announcements
Message Icon Topic: Parameter passing Post Reply Post New Topic
vimal

Online Status: Offline
Quote vimal Replybullet Topic: Parameter passing
    Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 12:17am
Hi All,

I need to pass crystal parameter to oracle view so that I can use that parameter in oracle view where clause.

we are using oracle 10g.

Pls tell me how can we pass parameter.

Regards

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 3:40pm
Is the view parameterized?  Or do you just need to select from the view based on the parameter?

If you're selecting from the view, there are a couple of things you can do to make sure the parameter is processed by the database instead of by Crystal.

1.  Go to the File menu and select Options.
2.  On the Database tab, turn on Use Indexes or Server for Speed and Perform Grouping on Server.  This will turn these options on for ALL reports that are created after the setting is changed.
3.  For reports that were created prior to turning this on, go to the File menu, select Report Options and turn on Use Indexes or Server for Speed.

Other things to be aware of -
- Any Crystal function that is used in a filter will cause the data to be filtered after it is loaded to the report.
- Any Crystal formula that has to be evaluated after data is loaded that is used in a filter will cause the data to be filtered after it is loaded to the report.
- Using multiple commands or a command and tables will cause the data to be filtered after the data is loaded.

If the view is parameterized, if Crystal doesn't automatically ask you for the parameter(s) when you select the view, you'll probably have to use a command and set the parameter value there (you'll create the parameter in the command, NOT in the main report.)

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version