Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Print Datetime Parameter Range under header sectio Post Reply Post New Topic
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote lsalih Replybullet Topic: Print Datetime Parameter Range under header sectio
    Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 10:24am
Greetings -

I have created a parameter field in my report, this parameter field is a date time RANGE value. In the report expert, I used the parameter so I make record selection based on the value range the user enters.

The user wants to have the parameter field displays on the page header so he knows the date range for when he ran the report.

When I drage the parm field to the report header and click on preview, the parm field does not display the date range which I entered when I ran the report! It shows the field parm as text, just its name shows!!!

Can you please tell me how to make it to print on the page header?

Thanks.
Lava
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 9:02am
Hi Lava,

For range parameters, you need to create two formulas where each formula prints the lower or upper value. For the lower bounds, use the Minimum() function and for the upper value use the Maximum() function.

In my CR Encyclopedia book, on page 191 I give the code for printing  the value(s) of every type of parameter on your report.

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 10:11am
Thank you Brain for the reply. I am waiting on approval to go ahead and buy your book :(

Lava
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 10:37am
Cool. Hopefully they'll let you get it. Half the questions I see on this forum are already answered in the book. It's the cheapest tech support around.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 8:00am
Brain - Once again, THANK you so much for the reply, it worked successfully.

Now I am obligated to buy your book, I am going to remind my manager :)

Regards,
Lava
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version