Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Alignment Problem While Exporting to PDF Post Reply Post New Topic
nbalajicec

Online Status: Offline
Quote nbalajicec Replybullet Topic: Alignment Problem While Exporting to PDF
    Posted: 13 Nov 2007 at 5:06am
As i need to export my report to PDF. In Crystal Report Viewer the Alignment are perfect.. But when i export into PDF the Alignmnet changed entirely.. In the Report im using all the Controls ( Text,Line,Box).

Thanks in Advance..
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 12:19pm

Perhaps someone else can confirm this, but I have some recollection of the this problem being discussed before. As I recall, part of the issue was the fonts in Crystal not cleanly exporting to .pdf.  You might try changing the font especially if it not something ordinary like Arial, Times Roman, etc., just to see if that makes a difference.

Wish I could be of more help on this one. But perhaps this lead someone else to a more specific solution.

Regards,

John W.
www.CustomReportWriters.net

IP IP Logged
nbalajicec

Quote nbalajicec Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 5:32am
I used Times New Roman for my whole Report.
The Text are displaying properly in the report and as well as in the PDF file but if suppose i used lines or  Box then it displays in the report properly but not in the PDF file..

can u check the Picture..

IP IP Logged
jasonlaw

Quote jasonlaw Replybullet Posted: 25 Dec 2007 at 10:20pm

hi nbalajicec, i have same issue as yours, have u got any solution for it?

Thanks & Regards,
Jason Law
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 9:16am

I dont know if this will be useful or not. I did a search of the forum on pdf files. The issues ultimately was one of alignment differences between pdf and CR.

Here is a couple of the posts, maybe they we help in sorting out this problem.
------------------------------------
Thanks for your reply; it's good to know there is in fact a 'font shrinkage' factor in CR, and I'm not totally crazy. However, the funny thing is that even though I am in fact eventually exporting this report to PDF, the shrinkage occurs even in native mode -- is CR psychic and figured out ahead of time that I'm going to be sending the report to PDF format? Thanks for the registry tip, alas the book I just received doesn't have a page 546 (I bought the .net version,...

Forum: Report Design Topic: Font Sizing Bug??
BrianBischof
View Post   Font Sizing Bug??
Posted: 07 Sep 2007 at 3:04pm 
I'm not sure if this will help you, but on p. 546 of my book I list the registry entry to tell CR not to shrink fonts when exported to PDF (this is done by default to make sure everything fits on the PDF page).
Use RegEdit.exe to add the following registry field and give it a value of 1:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF\ForceLargeFonts
Anyway, try this out and let us know if it fixes your problem as well. 
------------------------------

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
mattlscc

Quote mattlscc Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 2:24pm
I have this same exact problem.  Please whoever brought up the Font issue, that is NOT the problem.  It is a problem with the boxes and lines, and I have the same "shifting" affect from what I see in Crystal Reports viewer and what outputs to PDF.  I basically have to make it look bad in the Crystal Reports viewer in order for it to look good when it ouputs to PDF... painful process that takes a lot of patients... make a change...export, see if it looks good, nope, make a change... export, see if it looks good... nope....etc.

Anyone know the cause of this problem? or a way around it?  Thanks so much!

Edited by mattlscc - 04 Apr 2008 at 2:24pm
IP IP Logged
DavidSmith

Quote DavidSmith Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 8:47am
I have exactly the same problem with CR XI; has anyone any clues at all please? I wonder if the printer driver that Crystal is basing the output on is at all involved here. I have tried the export with the report being formatted for both some HP lasers and a Minolta laser.

I'm getting pretty desperate to solve this thing; you spend months designing the guts of the report only to find out that the silly little things like out-of-place lines make the thing look so amateurish.

David Smith
IP IP Logged
mattlscc

Quote mattlscc Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 9:00am
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.  It sure does put a bad taste in the clients mouth when the report looks bad because the format they export in. 

I have not come up with any solution except the trial and error one mentioned above which cannot continue and is hard to maintain.  Anyone know of a fix pack for this?  Thanks!
IP IP Logged
tsincire

Quote tsincire Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 10:41am
I'm having the same issue. Has this problem been fixed yet?
Teddy
IP IP Logged
PDubey

Quote PDubey Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 10:36pm
Same Issue with me... Any updates will be highly appreciated
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version