Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Show Clients based on their ID Post Reply Post New Topic
rushelp

Online Status: Offline
Quote rushelp Replybullet Topic: Show Clients based on their ID
    Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 9:53am
I have one big report that has many other reports inside of it. Each report has it's own UNIQUE ID.   What I'm trying to do is to show those pages for that unique ID.

For example one ID contains 5 pages report. So if the ID matches it shows only that 5 pages out of 1500 page report.

Is there a formula that can do that?

I just don't want to redo this report and separated into 100 report, and that number keep increasing monthly.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 5:18am
What do you mean by "has many other reports inside of it"?  If you mean you're trying to filter data by the Unique ID, you can set that up as a parameter for the report and filter it based on that value.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
rushelp

Quote rushelp Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 5:23am
So what I mean is that I have a report that contains about 1500 pages. But within those pages, for example page 1-5 is one report for one client based on the UNIQUE ID, and pages 6-20 is for another client, and etc.

What I'm trying to do is to separate pages based on the ID. So let's say if ID is 1 it should only show pages 1-5 and hide the rest.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 5:33am
So you're trying to run the report once and then only display a specific set of pages from within the report?
How are you running the report?  Do you have BusinessObjects?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
rushelp

Quote rushelp Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 5:58am
Yes I'm running the report once. So I've wrote a desktop application in C#, which grabs this report opens it in the crystal report viewer. Right now, all 1500 pages are viewable. I have a tab control. In the second tab I have list of Clients Name, and their ID. (ID is unique). And I wrote a checkmark function.

So What I'm trying to is if the checkmark is MARKED convert that report else don't. My convert function already works. (If you remember I had this post earlier, which I figured out.) It grabs the file and saves it as .pdf with the name I want. But it does for one report ONLY.

So I need to figure out how I can separate those pages based on ID.

Any suggestions?

If you need I can provide my c# code.
IP IP Logged
rushelp

Quote rushelp Replybullet Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 5:13am
Dell,

Any suggestions?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 7:49am
There is no way that I know of to do this for an instance that includes data.  If you need to deliver the reports to specific users, you could use a Publication to deliver pdf's that contain specific "reports" for each person.

You would create a table in your database that relates the people to customer ID's.  Then use that in a report that the Publication will use to burst the larger report out to the correct people.  I haven't done it, but you might also be able to use this technique to burst it out to multiple files.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
rushelp

Quote rushelp Replybullet Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 10:45am
Thanks anyways.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version