Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Deleting connections from Database expert Post Reply Post New Topic
vijayk
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote vijayk Replybullet Topic: Deleting connections from Database expert
    Posted: 20 Nov 2007 at 6:22am
I see a list of connections created under History in Database expert. Is there a way that i can delete these connections.?

Thanks
Vijay
IP IP Logged
Lugh

Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 20 Nov 2007 at 6:38am
Huh.  Normally, I have more of a problem with Crystal spontaneously forgetting my history, rather than needing to clear it.  I'm kind of curious as to why you need it cleared.

The short answer to your question seems to be no.  It automatically stores the last five connections you made. 
IP IP Logged
vijayk
Groupie
Groupie

Quote vijayk Replybullet Posted: 20 Nov 2007 at 6:50am
Just curious. I have a good knowledge of BO but I am new to crystal so I am trying to learn by trying to do the things that I normally do in Business Objects.

Thanks
Vijay
IP IP Logged
Hav0c

Quote Hav0c Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Lugh

Huh.  Normally, I have more of a problem with Crystal spontaneously forgetting my history, rather than needing to clear it.  I'm kind of curious as to why you need it cleared.

The short answer to your question seems to be no.  It automatically stores the last five connections you made. 

If it keeps track of last 5 connection you made, there must be a way to clear it, it has to be stored on your PC somewhere in a file, how else will it know what you last 5 is ??

This history is boggling up my application now, so i REALLY need to clear my history, or is there a way to set the connection to a database if

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtnlhelp/v6r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.doc.crdesigner%2Freportdesigner%2Fcrtskchangingthedatasourcelocation.htm

does not work ???
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 11:33am
Open Crystal and open a .rpt file.  DO NOT CONNECT to ANYTHING! Go to the Database Expert and select one of the connections that you want to delete.  Right-click on it and select "Delete".  I know for sure this works in 2008, not sure about XI.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
TallPaul

Quote TallPaul Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2011 at 2:58am
Indeed works in 2008.  Small note - need to restart Crystal and have no connections - not just a new .rpt file that is not connected if Crystal is already running.  Delete will not be active. 

Thanks for tip.  My list does get cluttered ... but luckily that means I've been WORKING!!  :)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version