Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Unbound string to display properly Post Reply Post New Topic
Enzyme80

Online Status: Offline
Quote Enzyme80 Replybullet Topic: Unbound string to display properly
    Posted: 28 Nov 2007 at 9:24am
I have an unbound string on my report that holds two numbers and a dash between them (customer number invoice number).  When I preview the report just by going to Main Report Preview it displays correct, however, when I open up the web page I created and go to the report it displays with commas and decimal points.  For example:
In the Main Report Preview it shows as
1071-591
on the web page itself it shows as
1,071.00-591.00

This is an unbound string because of the - and I get this number on the fly. 

Any help would be great.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Nov 2007 at 11:19am
Looks like CR is converting it from a string to numbers upon exporting to the web. Obviously a bug. I would try forcing it to a string in CR using the CSTR() function. This would tell CR to keep it a string without converting it to a number. I have no idea if this will work, but it might be a way around the bug.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Enzyme80

Quote Enzyme80 Replybullet Posted: 28 Nov 2007 at 11:41am
CSTR({RCV.CN} & "-" & {RCV.IN})
I tried the above code in the formula and it still returns the same thing.  So something a little strange is if I put both fields on the report (not in an unbound string) they show up correct.  Oh well I guess as long as I did the CSTR function correct then I will at least have a good reason why this is not working.  Thanks for the help.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version