Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: 8.5 question Post Reply Post New Topic
cmpgeek

Online Status: Offline
Quote cmpgeek Replybullet Topic: 8.5 question
    Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 11:32am
I don't want to clog up this forum with questions about 8.5, but I did want to ask if anyone knew of a forum such as this that still adresses questions about version 8.5? 

I imagine that with the purchase of our new system (sometime within the next fiscal yr) that we will also upgrade to a newer version of Crystal, but for now I am stuck on 8.5.

Thanks,
Nomi   
CR 10    
Oracle 9i
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 11:37am
Since most questions on reporting apply to other versions, feel free to ask it. However, I see that you also use Oracle and most people on this forum use SQL Server or MS Access. So if it is an Oracle specific question then it might go unanswered.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
cmpgeek

Quote cmpgeek Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 11:45am

I don't think it would be an Oracle specific question, but to be honest, Oracle is all I have ever used to any great extent so I probably wouldn't know if it was. 

I use Access for a few small projects both here at work and at home, but our software program is run on Oracle.  I would love to learn what the differences are between them at some point.

Thanks again,
Nomi   
CR 10    
Oracle 9i
IP IP Logged
cmpgeek

Quote cmpgeek Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 12:40pm
Another dumb question for you.  Is it possible for the person who created a thread to close it as well?  One forum where I used to be rather active had it set up that way so it didn't have to fall back onto the Admin group all the time.  I was going to try and close this one, but didnt see a way to do it.

Thanks again,
Nomi   
CR 10    
Oracle 9i
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 12:55pm
No, this forum doesn't have that feature. To be honest, I don't even like the forum software I"m using. But now that it has thousands of posts in it, I hate the idea of switching over and losing all the links to this on.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
cmpgeek

Quote cmpgeek Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 1:06pm

That certainly makes sense to me.

Hopefully the "Powers That Be" will let us choose a new system soon and along with that a newer version of Crystal.  Than maybe I can be of use around here :).  I absolutely adore Crystal and would love to be able to help people with the newer versions at some point...

Thanks again!
Nomi   
CR 10    
Oracle 9i
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 1:10pm
Well, CR 2008 is coming out and there are some cool new features that allow you to have dynamic reports and integrate flash into them. Very slick! That would be the one I sell mgmt on when the time comes. And feel free to help out with questions on the forum when you can! The more people get involved, the better the community becomes.
IP IP Logged
cmpgeek

Quote cmpgeek Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 1:22pm
The version they get will depend on the "suggested version" from the software company.  I was supposed to be getting X or XI to install on the other PC in my office so I could write reports for another of our systems in Surgical Services, but that went by the wayside when we started pushing for a new OR system. 

I just wish I could justify buying it myself, but I don't have much use for it at home and they would not let me install anything here unless I am willing to hand over the installation disc to them.  *grumble*

Oh well...  I will continue to smile as I tally up my evil thoughts for the day.   (Sorry, I appear to be rambling now...lol)
Nomi   
CR 10    
Oracle 9i
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version