Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: ODBC connection still prefixing original DB name Post Reply Post New Topic
cwar

Online Status: Offline
Quote cwar Replybullet Topic: ODBC connection still prefixing original DB name
    Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 9:23am
I am having a problem with using a ODBC (RDO) Database with DSN Default Properties. I am using Crystal Reports 10.

I am working on a new report that has data that is populated from a stored procedure. The report must be able to run on many databases, all with different names. The problem that I have is no matter what database my DSN is pointing to, the stored procedure query is prefixed by the database name and owner of the data source that I initially logged in to in the Crystal Report Designer.

We have many reports that already do this, so I know Crystal Reports 10 is capable of this. In these reports that do work, when the report is run, the database name and owner of the data source are omitted from the query. However, the developer who worked on these reports is no longer with us so he cannot instruct me on how to achieve this.

I did notice that in the Set Data Source Location dialog if I inspect the properties of the stored procedure that I added via Database Expert there are two fields that are present that are not present in the stored procedure in report files that work. The two fields are Catalog and Owner. Catalog has the name of the database and Owner has the name of the owner (dbo). Please note, these fields are not blank on the reports that work but in fact are not listed.

Everything else is the same as far as I can see.

Properties of the database:

The Database Type is ODBC (RDO)
The Data Source Name is the same
The Database is different (but we were using different databases so that makes sense)
The Use DSN Default Properties is set to True
User ID is sa

This is quite frustrating as I've searched everywhere I can think of and I have not found an answer to this problem. The report is ready to go except for this one detail. Any ideas? Any more information I can provide?

Thanks for your time.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version