Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: hyperlink in crystal report Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
annu

Online Status: Offline
Quote annu Replybullet Topic: hyperlink in crystal report
    Posted: 06 Jan 2008 at 10:03pm
hi,

i have created a crystal report with many columns in windows application in visual studio 2005. now i want my columns to act as a hyperlink so that i can open another form say form1.cs.For this purpose i clicked on one of the columns and chose the hyperlink tab.in that i chose "A File" option and then chose form1.cs.but when i run the application  and clicked the column i got an error saying: "The system cannot find the file specified." i am unable to solve this problem.can someone tell me how to open another forn in windows application on the click of one of the columns in the crystal report.thanking in advance.
IP IP Logged
Savan

Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2008 at 11:52pm
annu,

please try by linking another file such as a excel sheet or word file. if these type of files are opening then might be there is problem in opening the .cs type file. with what envoirnment is .cs file opened, Is it in .net envoirnment or some other envoirnment ? please let me know
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 12:08am
Yes, I agree with Savan. Another file type should work.

However, as I read your question, I'm not certain about what you are trying to do. When click on a link you want Crystal Reports to open another "form" as in VS.NET form? You can't open a form from Crystal Reports. It has to open a file like Excel, Word, etc. So I'm not certain if what you're trying to do is possible.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
annu

Quote annu Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 1:03am
hi savan,

Thank u so much for the reply.i tried opening a word file and even excel sheet file.it is still throwing the same error: "The system cannot find the file specified." What could be the problem?i am working on .net environment in windows application where all the forms are saved in .cs extension.hence i want to open 1 such file...how can i go abt it??thanking in advance.

annu
IP IP Logged
Savan

Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 1:17am

Annu,

i would suggest one more solution please copy the .cs file which u want to open in the folder where u are having ur .net files (i.e current project  folder). i hope there is some path problem. so go ahead with this and get back if the problem still exists?Thumbs%20Up
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
annu

Quote annu Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 1:53am
thank u for the reply....i have my cs file in the folder aldready...but the problem is when i specify the path as form1.cs it opens up the code file of the form in dreamweaver...i dont understand the reason...i want the design page of the form to open.what should be my extension instead of form1.cs???please help....thanking in advance...
IP IP Logged
Savan

Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 1:55am

annu

do u want to open .aspx page in design  mode?
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
annu

Quote annu Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 2:02am
savan,

i am working on windows and not on web application.in windows the extension is .cs for ur forms.but when i runthe crystal report the code fle opens....can u please tell me what extension i should use for windows application in order to view the design page??

Thanks,
 anu
IP IP Logged
Savan

Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 2:39am

Annu,

i am working on your problem i will get back as soon as i find some solution.
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
annu

Quote annu Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 3:01am

Thank u....even i will work on it

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version