Announcements
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Announcements
Message Icon Topic: Free book give away! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
TokyoAnt

Online Status: Offline
Quote TokyoAnt Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2007 at 12:11am

Hi Brian,

Good to talk to you. I actually bought your .NET book off Amazon at good recommendations from most reviewers & was not disappointed. I had NO experience with reports (.NET developer) but was starting a job requiring C# & Crystal. I thought it was going to be .NET crystal but it turned out to be Crystal 10 so I need to buy your next book, but your .NET book gave me enough knowledge to work out most of it (Stuff like double declaration of shared variables would have thrown me! ) But the IDE is quite different so I'll be looking into your new book.

As far as comments/feedback goes, I'll do my best. To be honest your last book was really good. I can't think of much to criticize. Of course being a C# developer, I would have liked to have seen that up front instead of VB but that's 50/50 I guess. I personally think C# is more predominant than VB but that's just my guess.

If I find something I'll certainly let you know. Until then keep up the good work.

Ant

IP IP Logged
ncshannon

Quote ncshannon Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 12:15pm
Hi Brian,

Just wondering where to help out with the 25 questions. Please send them to my email - ncshannon@pdq.net  I would love to help out best I can for the opportunity to get your autographed book.

Thanks
nancy
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 2:52pm
Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your offer of help. That's very gracious of you. All you need to do is browse through the forum and if you see a question you know the answer to then post it. Over the next month or so, once you hit 25 questions that you've answered, then I'll send you a private message asking for your mailing address to send the book to.

The first free book I gave away was to Hilfy b/c he has been very active on the forum over the past couple of months and it really helps to build the community this way.

Thanks,

Brian

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2007 at 10:15am
Originally posted by BrianBischof

The first free book I gave away was to Hilfy b/c he has been very active ...

Actually, Brian, it should be "...she has been very active..." TongueBig%20smile

-Dell
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2007 at 11:28am
Ah yes, she has been very active. 
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ScubaVal

Quote ScubaVal Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 7:42am
Hi, Brian,
I think you have made a very generous offer.  I am relatively new to Crystal Reports and I just got a whopping job that includes web design, database development, and integration of various applications, including Timberline Accounting software, MS Project, AutoCAD, and a few others.

I know SQL and I have used other reporting apps, and I have gleaned some great information from these forums.  I'm sure your book would help me tremendously!

This is the biggest and best job I've ever had.  If I can get as proficient in CR as I am in my other skills, I would be delighted.

Thanks!  Best of everything to you!
Valerie
try it... if it doesn't work, google it
IP IP Logged
pilotmrk

Quote pilotmrk Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2007 at 11:42pm
       when i open a report file i get the error message
Tongue
      "INVALID TLV RECORD"

How to get rid of this error ?
With Luv,
M.RAMESH KUMARR
IP IP Logged
bobsn

Quote bobsn Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2007 at 7:39am
Hi Brian,
   I am working on Crystal reports for a while now and would be interested in getting your .NET crystal book..

I am in here for one... I will be looking in the forums to see if I can answer someone's concerns.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
pruef

Quote pruef Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 4:12pm
I would love a free book but I'm not sure if I'm too late or not.  I'm new to Crystal Reports and need all the help I can get.

Clap
Patty Ruef
Small Oregon Police Department
IP IP Logged
hlzhang

Quote hlzhang Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 11:39am
I'm working on crystal reports and .net fro a while. Hope I'm not to late for the free book. I will try to answer questions in forum too.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version