Announcements
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Announcements
Message Icon Topic: Free book give away! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
jjwalker2

Online Status: Offline
Quote jjwalker2 Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 9:17am
Hello, I would like to know how widely used Crystal Repots is, and what other software competes with it?
Justin J Walker
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 10:27am
Crystal Reports is the most widely used reporting software on the market. The competition depends upon what are you are in. For deveopers you have SQL Server Reporting Services and Active Reports. Or you have Jasper Reports for Java. There are various tools out ther.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
hassanjassan

Quote hassanjassan Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2007 at 12:16am
I registered, I'm looking forward to your book.
I hope I'm still one of the first 100.

thank you for this opportunity!
IP IP Logged
brenzo

Quote brenzo Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2007 at 6:14am
Originally posted by BrianBischof

To promote the new forums, I'm giving away free autographed copies of my Crystal Reports .NET programming book. There are two ways you can win:
  1. Be one of the first 100 users to post a question and I'll randomly pick three people to give a book to.
  2. ANSWER 25 questions. I'll send you an autographed book to show my appreciation for your help on the forums. After all, I can't do this by myself!
There are only a couple rules:
  1. The questions/answers must be legitimate. If you are posting junk just to get a free book, then this doesn't count (I make the call here).
  2. One registration per person.
  3. You can live ANYWHERE in the world and I'll still mail you the book and pay all expenses. Thus, if you live in India and can't afford to buy a book for yourself, this is your way to get a copy.
I would really like to be one of the lucky people to receive your book. I love this book but its very hard to get it here in Lesotho. I am developing windows applications using VB.Net2005 and report using crystal reports.Since im new to crystal reports im really struggling. How do i print data from the Database using crystal reports, i have fully functional system developed using VB.Net2005 and MSAccess im left with reporting.
Ta!
IP IP Logged
basic_boy

Quote basic_boy Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2007 at 1:51am
i've transfered from java to .net, i'm currently have to do some projects requiring using report.however. I'm not quite good at this area.it would be great if you can give me a copy, hopefully i'm one in the first 100. Thank you

IP IP Logged
Klaus

Quote Klaus Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2007 at 2:36pm

Hi Brian

Thank for your generous offer.

We are a brand new cancer care site offering services in medical oncology and radiation oncology. We are running Mosaiq by Impac as our EMR and will be using crystal reports.

Is your book suitable for novices like us?

Regards

Klaus

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2007 at 2:56pm
I'm not sure what Mosaiq is. But the book is good for novices to learn report design. I also have tutorials to walk you through the steps of dfferent report features so that you 'learn by doing'.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Klaus

Quote Klaus Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2007 at 10:46pm

Initially there will be about 3 people that will be writing reports and 150 users. What are some of the better platforms to publish Crystal Reports, taking into account different geographical locations, access and security.

Klaus
IP IP Logged
Pilgrim

Quote Pilgrim Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 8:06am
Mr. Bischof,

I would like to thank you for writing Crystal Reports .Net Programming.  As I am new to Crystal Reports, it was a huge help to me learning Crystal Reports.  If your Crystal Reports XI book is anything like it, it should be a very informative and helpful book.

I was wondering if you could tell me about the main differences between Crystal Reports X and Crystal Reports XI.  Thanks for any information you can offer!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 10:52am
Hi Pilgrim,

Glad you like the book. For the XI book I'm taking a different approach and using a tutorial format. Each chapter will have a few tutorials to reinforce the concepts discussed. I'm hoping that this makes it easier for newbies to improve their CR skills. I'm crossing my fingers that it works out well.

Regarding XI improvements, their website has good list of changes. For me, the big improvement for XI are the DCPs. This gives you the ability to build prompts that are hooked to the live database and are linked to each other. Previously you had to be a programmer to get this functionality. Very cool.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version