Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Prevent Page Breaks between records in same group Post Reply Post New Topic
gsaunders

Online Status: Offline
Quote gsaunders Replybullet Topic: Prevent Page Breaks between records in same group
    Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 5:20am
I have a report that consists of 5 groups: EMCo, JCCo, Equipment, Job, ActualDate (then you have the details).

We want the report to display at the Equipment level so if there is 10 pieces of equipment they would all show on the same page like a grid.

Then they can double click on it and drill down to the Job level which we want to show all the jobs in a similar grid.

Then they can double click and drill down to the Actual Date level and so on.

Now I have it working HOWEVER it is doing a page break between every grouped item. So I only see on piece of equipment per page. If I drill down I am only seeing 1 job per page.

I can't figure out why it is doing this or how to NOT have it do those page breaks. What am I missing?

As additional info I have the Header of JCCo visible and the Footer of the Equipment visible by default. The footer of equipment has the summarized numbers and due to calculations in detail records it needs to be in footer. ALL of the other sections (Job and ActualDate) are hidden, but allow drilldown.

Thanks,
Greg

Edited by gsaunders - 02 Jan 2014 at 5:25am
IP IP Logged
gsaunders

Online Status: Offline
Quote gsaunders Replybullet Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 5:35am
Arghh... I found it. The Job Footer section had the New Page After checked on the Paging tab. I guess even though the Job section was hidden until you drilled down it was causing the Equipment section to to put each piece of equipment on it's own new page. I would have thought this would not have caused an issue for the equipment, but instead just made the job section page break after the job footer.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version