Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Isn't there a way to adjust padding in a crosstab? Post Reply Post New Topic
bspencer1

Online Status: Offline
Quote bspencer1 Replybullet Topic: Isn't there a way to adjust padding in a crosstab?
    Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 5:28am
Hello, everyone!

Hopefully you are all making easy money out there today.  At the moment I am trying to figure out if there is a way to manually adjust the padding of a cell in a cross tab (refer to the image below).  I have already unchecked the option to not show the cell margins.  I could have sworn that in years past, I have been able to manually add some padding to a cell in a cross tab that has had the cell margins turned off.  This could be wishful thinking on my part. 

In my example below, I am wanting to add some white space between the value and the cell wall.  Is there a way to do this outside of using a formula that adds the space and putting that formula in the crosstab?

I was thinking that I have also used a Row Options > Indent Label function before, but in my current example, selecting that removes all of the columns that are in the rows area of the crosstab.  I do not know why it is doing that. 

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 6:05am
Which version of Crystal are you using?

In Crystal 2008, if I go to the "Customize Style" tab of the Cross Tab Expert, I see options to set the indents for the columns in the bottom "Grid Options" section.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
bspencer1

Quote bspencer1 Replybullet Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 6:14am
Dell, hello.  We are using 2008. 

I forgot that was there.  For some reason, it does not change anything when I try to use it.  However, I have used that before with success.  So I am not sure what is happening with my report.

Now that you reminded me that was there, I am thinking that is the only option available to do what I want to do, regardless of whether or not it is currently working for me.  Would you agree?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version