Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: CR2008 - Page Footer & Detail Section size change Post Reply Post New Topic
BobK66

Online Status: Offline
Quote BobK66 Replybullet Topic: CR2008 - Page Footer & Detail Section size change
    Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 12:28pm

How do you change the Page Footer & Detail section default sizes in CR 2008?

Did a search but must not be using the right keywords.

It's not in the Section Expert & cannot find the right place to change these section sizes.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 1:05pm
I have been working with CR for over 10 years and I do not recall ever being able to set a default size for CR.
IP IP Logged
BobK66

Quote BobK66 Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 2:09pm
How do you change the size of these sections?
I really don't care about changing the default size, I just want to change the size for this report.

I only have 2 lines in my footer with no space set for the bottom margin, but when I print the report, it provides the space I see in the Designer.

Also, it does not print more than 10 detail lines per page, when it should be printing at least 16 lines due to font size of the data.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122

Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 2:54pm
maybe try
file tab >> page setup

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 3:47am
be aware that the 'keep together' and 'can grow' options on sections, objects (in sections), sub reports, groups, etc. greatly impact how the report renders for display and printing and can force a lot of dead space onto the page.
Also watch out for 'new page before' or 'new page after' option in each of the sections. 
IP IP Logged
BobK66

Quote BobK66 Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 8:40pm
OK, I resolved the Page Footer size problem. Not sure what was there, but something was preventing me from resizing the Page Footer section. Here's what I did: I inserted a section below the Page Footer (became Page Footer b, made it just large enough to contain 2 data lines. Copied the 2 lines from the Page Footer a to Page Footer b. Deleted the data from Page Footer a, then Page Footer b became Page Footer. Problem solved, but still cannot understand why I could not shrink the original page Footer. No options were set, such a Keep Together or anything else.  Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this?

Now to be able to solve what turns out to be a different problem with the Detail sections: there are 2 Detail sections: a & b. The report insists on creating a new page after printing Details a, so Details b prints on a new page.  However, there are no options set for Details or either Detail section, such as Keep Together, New Page Before, New Page After.
IP IP Logged
BobK66

Quote BobK66 Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 8:48pm
Never mind, found a couple of Group Headers that had New Page before checked. These sections did not show up unless you used the Section Expert. After removing the New Page option, all the detail lines print continuously.

Still would like to know if anyone had an idea why I could not resize (shrink) the original Page Footer. I could expand it, but not reduce it.

Thanks for your suggestions.

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:20am
most likely reason was that the footer had a horizontal guideline.
You cannot shrink the section past where it is on the section. if you move the guideline up then you can shrink the section more, or just remove it entirely.

The other less likely reason was that there was a field in the section that you did not see either because it was shrunk down to a dot or it was using white as the font color. You cannot shrink the section above the bottom of any field on that section.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version