Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to Get the RPT File When in Business Objects Post Reply Post New Topic
chaplaindoug

Online Status: Offline
Quote chaplaindoug Replybullet Topic: How to Get the RPT File When in Business Objects
    Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 6:16am
I have access to Business objects through InfoView and the Management Console as an administrator. How can I get the actual .rpt file associated with the reports I see listed in my folder structure?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 8:38am
If you want to edit the .rpt file, you'll do the following:

1. Run Crystal.
2. Go to File >> Open.
3. Click on "Enterprise" on the left of the screen - this will give you a BO login screen. Log in to BO.
4. You should now see the folder structure from BO - navigate to the report that you need to edit and download it from BO.

I will usually then save the file locally while I'm working on it - especially if I don't have a development BO environment to work from. When the edits are complete, go to File >> Save As, select "Enterprise", and save the report over the top of the existing report.

If you just need to know where the file is, go to the report's properties in the CMC. You'll see the file name there. The "frs" in the file name is the folder where your Input Filestore is located.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version