Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report Runtime on Win Server 2012R2 64 bit Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Radhika M

Online Status: Offline
Quote Radhika M Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report Runtime on Win Server 2012R2 64 bit
    Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 11:33pm
We are using Crystal report runtime 2008 SP4 to run reports which has to be migrated. Can anyone help me to know which is the latest version of Crystal Report Runtime software which would be compatible on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 7 64 bits. Which crystal report runtime version will go with SAP crystal report 2016 SP3 14.2.3.2132. Any help would be appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Radhika M

Quote Radhika M Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 11:45pm
Has anyone worked on latest crystal report runtime. CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine dll is missing in SAP crystal report runtime engine for .net framework 4 (64 bit) 13.0.3.612. Is there a replacement for this dll or which dll can be used instead of this. Any help would be appreciated.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 7:45am
You have a VERY early version (SP3) of the .NET SDK - the latest version is SP 19 and it is available here: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Crystal+Reports%2C+Developer+for+Visual+Studio+Downloads. Get the "Install Executable" for integration into Visual Studio. The other links are for the various runtime version that are used when deploying your application. You cannot just copy files for the SDK, you have to use the installer to get everything registered correctly.

Be aware that the "bit-ness" (32 or 64) of the SDK that you need relates to the bit-ness of your application NOT the bit-ness of the server! DO NOT compile your app for "Any CPU". Instead, specifically target either x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit).

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Radhika M

Quote Radhika M Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 12:06am
Thanks Dell for your reply. We cannot use SP19 as it does not support .net framework 4.5.1. We need a runtime which should support 4.5.1 .net framework, visual studio 2013, OS - Win server 2012 R2 and windows 2007 64 bits. Also the runtime should support below crystal report dlls:
CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll
CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll
CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dll
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReport.Engine.dll
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.dll

Can you please suggest any other runtime which supports all of the above mentioned points. Thanks for your support.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 4:02am
There is no runtime that supports .NET 4.5.1. Support for 4.5.2 has been available since SP9 and for 4.6 has been available since SP15.   You can find the Supported Platforms document with this information here http://www.sap.com/documents/2016/06/f871031e-757c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html.

All of the .dll files you're looking for are available in SP19. However, your application needs to be compiled with the same SP version of the SDK as the runtime you're installing with your application.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Radhika M

Quote Radhika M Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 10:54pm
Thanks Dell for your reply. I have tried installing SP17(SAP crystal reports runtime for visual studio 2015 64 bit (.net 4.6.1) 13.0.17.2096). But I am not able to find crystal report dll files. Can you please tell at which location I will find those dll files and what all .net framework is supported by SP17. Also please let me know if I install SP19 then at which location I will find those dll files. All of the above dll files are available only in SP19 or are in any other version as well?

Edited by Radhika M - 13 Feb 2017 at 10:56pm
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 3:40am
All of the files are available in all versions of the SDK. You'll find them here: <drive>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\<xxx>\dotnet\iPoint where xxx is either win32_x86 or win64_x64.

Since SP19 is the latest available version, I would highly suggest using that instead of SP17. Also, DO NOT install the "runtime" on the development workstation. It doesn't provide integration with Visual Studio and is meant to be used only when deploying your application.. Instead, get the "install executable" from here: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Crystal+Reports%2C+Developer+for+Visual+Studio+Downloads. This is the only install that gives integration into VS.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Radhika M

Quote Radhika M Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 11:25pm
Thanks Dell for your reply. I have installed SP17 but not able to find dotnet folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64. Can you please let me know what would be the issue. Why am I not able to find the dll files? Is there any other path where I can find those dll files?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 5:02am
Is C your only drive? If you have a D drive, it might be there. Also, did you do "run as administrator" for the install? You MUST have admin rights on the computer to do the install because there are a number of registry and other settings that need to be created/updated that require Admin rights.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Radhika M

Quote Radhika M Replybullet Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:35pm
Thanks Dell for your reply. I have updated existing crystal reports dll files with SP17 dll files. Build is successful. But when I try to generate report through running the application, it throws TypeInitializationException when it creates the object of ReportsDocument class. In output window getting below errors:
1. 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine\13.0.2000.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
2. The processor architecture is different for CPU(x86) and referenced assembly(AMD86)
Please help to resolve this issue.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version