Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Page Footer Can Grow Not Working Post Reply Post New Topic
Neal_Flora

Online Status: Offline
Quote Neal_Flora Replybullet Topic: Page Footer Can Grow Not Working
    Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 3:55am
I am using a DataSet driven Crystal.rpt in CR Developer ver 14.0.4.738 RTM

Problem: I have the following Text Field in a Table "HeaderFooter" in a Field "FooterText:

"BASE Text - Text to be printed for the PM_Drug report for "Base Text". This would be text that might be used for the legal stuff for the lab and would appear on the PM_Drugs report as well as the PM Summary Report {CR.LF} SCREEN Text - Text to be printed for the PM_Drug report for "Threshold". This would be text that might be used for the legal stuff for the lab and would appear on the PM_Drugs report that is specific to the PM_Drug report {CR/LF} SIGNATURE Text - Text specifically used for a Signature Line." (Note {CR/LF} is \r\n embedded in the text)

The .rpt DataBase is only the "HeaderFooter" Table.

When "FooterText" is placed in the report Page Header (and the Field's "Can Grow" is checked and Max Lines = 0) the text performs properly, that is it grows as needed.

When "FooterText" is placed in the report Page Footer (with the "Can Grow checked and Max Line = 0), it does not work properly, that is the field does not grow and only the fist line is output).

I have tried placing the FooterText field directly as will as a SubReport (that simply containes the FooterText) in the Page Footer and neither approach works.

Is there some Bug or is the Page Footer simply not capable of handling "Can Grow"?

The ultimate goal is to have the "FooterText" output in the PageFooter taking up only the space needed for the actual text.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 7:27am
Try using a group footer and setting it to 'Print at the bottom of the page'
I don't believe the PF can grow and the PH should be cautiously set with values that can grow as it can make the report not render at all. If the sum of the heights of all the parts required to be on the page exceeds the height of the page it will not render. IF just one page had text that expanded too much it makes the page header to large for any page and it will 'break it'.
IP IP Logged
Neal_Flora

Quote Neal_Flora Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 9:24am
Using a group with "print at bottom of the page" is what I wound up doing as it was the only way to make it sort of work. By "Sort of" I am able to get the output only on the 2nd page not the first. It may be due to the way I have set up the main report. It consists of Sub-Reports with one of the SubReport's able to cause a new page. Thanks for the input.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version