Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Labels & Printing Post Reply Post New Topic
DoubleD

Online Status: Offline
Quote DoubleD Replybullet Topic: Labels & Printing
    Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 6:26am
I designed a crystal report to print shipping labels. The labels are 4.00 x 2.50 I  set the report page to no printer and I set user defined size horizontal 4.051 Vertical 2.5 and crystal choose landscape.

I'm running SysPro which uses Crystal reports
If I print the report out of designer the labels work perfectly
If I print outside of designer the labels get rotated, shrunk and centered to the middle of the page.

To make things just a little more complex I am on a hosted server and I am using Citrix Receiver

I can not for the life of me figure out how to fix this. Its almost as if designer and non-designer use to different methods to print.

Can anyone shed some light on this? 

Edited by DoubleD - 02 Mar 2017 at 6:26am
IP IP Logged
DoubleD

Quote DoubleD Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 6:27am
I have images of how the labels print but I'm not sure how to put them into this post

Edited by DoubleD - 02 Mar 2017 at 6:28am
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 6:40am
Not that this helps. But outside of Designer, you are using a Crystal Viewer of some sorts.  Depending on the version and various options that may be set in the back end, you could experience all kind of oddities.

I have seen some issues with various viewers that we can work around and other issues which there is no solution (sub-report with a text box is limited to 255 characters).
IP IP Logged
DoubleD

Quote DoubleD Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 7:38am
Originally posted by kevlray

Not that this helps. But outside of Designer, you are using a Crystal Viewer of some sorts.  Depending on the version and various options that may be set in the back end, you could experience all kind of oddities.

I have seen some issues with various viewers that we can work around and other issues which there is no solution (sub-report with a text box is limited to 255 characters).

Thanks for the reply. I originally RDPed to the host,  they used Easy print driver and labels worked perfectly. This is a new host provider, they use Citrix  receiver and labels only work in designer.

Are there any crystal viewer print options and where can I find them.

I don't think that this is completely a citrix receiver problem. I did notice that when printing from designer "Do Not Scale Report Page" is set but  when I print from viewer "Scale Report to fit printer page" is set and it is  greyed out so I can't try turning it off

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 8:13am
Unfortunately I am a user that has to deal with however the vendor has set up the Crystal Reports viewer.  I have not had to deal with the back end of the viewer so I do not know much about it.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version