Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Cannot open Crystal Report in SAP BO Enterprise Post Reply Post New Topic
stonewall63

Online Status: Offline
Quote stonewall63 Replybullet Topic: Cannot open Crystal Report in SAP BO Enterprise
    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 8:08am

When in the office, we can open Crystal Reports that are stored on our Business Objects Server without any problem. I use Crystal Reports 2013 on my desktop and open/edit/save/run reports on a BO Enterprise. So far, so good.

But when I take my work laptop home I run into an issue. I connect via the wifi in my house and it’s a direct connection to the office network. Everything works fine except when I try to edit a report that’s on the BOE server. I can login just fine to it. I can navigate to the folder in BOE where the .rpt file is stored. But once I try to open it, I get the following error window:

“The report could not be opened from SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise.

“Possibly the report is on a different SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise system than the one you

are currently logged onto. If this problem persists, please contact your administrator.”

As a workaround I brought home a separate router/modem pre-configured for a private VPI (VPN?) to our work network. Hooked it up and home and connecting that way, it’s fine. But that’s an expensive workaround.

Any ideas of what may be causing this?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Brad @ BH

IP IP Logged
Sastry

Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 11:08pm
Hi Brad,

I think your BO server is in clustered environment, when you connect from home, you are able to access primary node to see the reports.

Also you are not into your office domain network (using wifi) so, it is unable to validate the network path to pull the report into your desktop version.

VPN is only the solution, because when you connect through VPN you are connected to your office domain so, it is allowing to access reports.

or

please save reports which you want to modify from office network and make modifications and publish again in your BO.

Thanks,
Sastry
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 4:03am
I know at one time we had an issue in our office (especially through a wifi connection).  There was some security setting that had to be set so that the BO credentials would be properly passed to the server.  Too many years ago to remember the details.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 5:38am
To add to what these guys have said, if there are firewalls between your laptop and the BOBJ server(s), the BOBJ server processes need to be running on "specified ports", and those ports need to be open in the firewall(s).

You need specified ports because otherwise BOBJ will randomly pick ports for each of the server processes. It used to be that those were all in the 6401-6499 range, but that's no longer the case, so there's no way to just open a range of ports that will be randomly selected by BOBJ.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version