Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Only want one record Post Reply Post New Topic
BoltzGirl
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote BoltzGirl Replybullet Topic: Only want one record
    Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:39pm
My data is based on an auth number 123456789 and one customer on each auth number. Within that auth number, there can be multiple 'auth notes'.
I did a formula to pull the auth note that has anything like "CaseRevDoc*".

If {AtNte.ATHNOTE} like "CaseRevDoc*" then {AtNte.ATHNOTE}
Else
"ERROR - NO CASE REV DOC"

The issue is that now my report is pulling in multiple rows for this one auth number, since there are multiple notes and showing the same auth number for the notes that are like my formula and for the notes that are not like my formula and I can't figure out how to only show the auth one time, if it has that auth note above?

So auth number 123456789 has 3 notes, one that has CaseRevDoc and 2 that do not. My report is showing all 3 records and I only want to see the one record from auth 123456789 that has the CaseRevDoc note.
Always appreciate the help!
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 4:24am
So do you only want the records where the CaseRevDoc is not null (blank)?  If so you can put that in the filter selection ( not(isnull({CaseRevDoc)) )
IP IP Logged
BoltzGirl
Groupie
Groupie

Quote BoltzGirl Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 4:41am
Hello and thank you for you help. No, we want to see the records that do have this note and then the ones that do not have this note on the same report.

Auth 123456789 has 3 notes and only one of them qualifies what we want to see of "CaseRevDoc" to verify it was done correctly. The other two have different notes that we do not want to see, so we only want to see this one record that qualifies.

Auth 789456123 has 5 notes and none of them qualify as "CaseRevDoc" and we do also want to see this record because the "CaseRevDoc" needs to be completed.

Right now my report is showing auth 123456789 3 times, once with the qualifying "CaseRevDoc" and twice with the other notes that I do not want to see.

I am thinking I will have to do some sort of grouping my auth number and then somehow tell it to only show the one record that qualifies.....but might be just thinking too hard about if for over a week now. :-)
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 7:57am
You may be able to achieve what you want with grouping (and hiding details).  I do not understand how a note qualifies as a CaseRevDoc.
IP IP Logged
BoltzGirl
Groupie
Groupie

Quote BoltzGirl Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 12:40pm
Our notes use templates and the template I am trying to pull is the one that starts with the verbiage of "CaseRevDoc".

Someone here at the office had mentioned something with grouping and then hiding, but wasn't sure how to do that either.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 7:14am
Okay, not knowing how the data looks.  I will give this suggestion.  It appears you want the notes that start with 'CaseRevDoc'.  If so, then you can filter something like this, left({note}, 10) = 'CastRevDoc'
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version