Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Barcoding folder path and string Post Reply Post New Topic
richardt12345

Online Status: Offline
Quote richardt12345 Replybullet Topic: Barcoding folder path and string
    Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:18am
Hello,

I have some questions related to barcoding.

Project goal: To modify an existing Crystal Report to bar code an intranet folder path and file extension with a string embedded in between.

We're currently using Crystal Reports version 9.2.2.693. I have a report which uses Free 3 of 9 to barcode some strings but I'd like to add a barcode to meet the project goal mentioned above. I do not believe I can do this with Free 3 of 9 so I'm considering purchasing code 128 from barcodewiz.

My questions are:

1) Will code 128 allow me to barcode an intranet folder path? I believe it will because of the special characters but I'd like to get feedback on this.

2) Can a string be embedded in a barcode statement so the folder path is on the front end and a file extension is at the end? I don't think the file extension is critical to achieving the desired outcome so it could be left out.

3) If questions one and two are yes, how would this look in formula editor? Initially, I tried a few variants with a font we obtained but I don't think the font was valid so I'd like to know if this is all feasible before we purchase code 128 with any associated UFLs, etc..

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version