Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Export to PDF with user field name Post Reply Post New Topic
EricG2019

Online Status: Offline
Quote EricG2019 Replybullet Topic: Export to PDF with user field name
    Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 5:16am
Hi, I am new here. I am using CR13 to produce reports that I need to be able to export to PDF and then rename page-by-page and email groups of these files to managers who will in turn email out the individuals their reports (working toward a solution in 2020 to burst these through our HRIS system). There are 20-ish managers and 200 individual pages/files.

What I would like to be able to do is export each page to PDF and name that page based on a user id field, so "manager1 - smith1", "manager 1 - jones2", and so on so I can easily send these out to the managers.

I have explored CR help fields and googled and doesn't appear to be a native way to do this.

My work around is not pleasant. I export the whole report to PDF and use adobe (acrobat standard DC) to split the files out and they are saved as "pdf1", "pdf2" and so on. I then have a macro that I run to change filenames based on 2 excel columns so once I line it up in excel, "PDF1" gets changed to "manager1-smith1" and "PDF 2" gets changed to "manager 1- jones2", etc. Works OK but lots of steps and many opportunities to make mistakes if the sorting isn't the same in the PDF output as what I think it should be.

I should say I know very little about macros - I just know enough to play around with code examples to make certain things easier.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 7:48am
If you are not going to a full server option you can use some plug-in options. Ken Hamady does a good job of giving over view of different tools available.
I use VisualCut for what you described. It will allow you to 'burst' out a single report to many specific recipients, including splitting the single report into many files or emails.
IP IP Logged
EricG2019

Quote EricG2019 Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:46am
Thank you! I will look into this.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version