Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Force Group Footer ?? Post Reply Post New Topic
kmclaugh

Online Status: Offline
Quote kmclaugh Replybullet Topic: Force Group Footer ??
    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:27am
Hello - I'm still using Crystal Reports 2013. I'm fairly new to using it. I have a report with 1 table and 2 groupings based on detail fields, period and attorney. I've inserted a subreport into the the attorney group footer. The subreport is linked to the primary report on the attorney field which is also the field that is grouped.

If my primary report does not have detail for attorney 1 then there is no group for attorney 1 but my subreport does have something to report for attorney 1.   How do I force this group footer to display (so my subreport info shows) if there is no group/detail for attorney 1?

I'm assuming it is some sort of formula but need alot of help. Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:34am
Since the subreport is in the group footer, what needs to happen is that the main report has to have an entry for the attorney, even it all the fields are blank.

What you could do is have all the display fields in the detail section be blank. In the Section Expert for the detail section check 'Suppress if blank'.

Everything should work as desired.

Going to need a LEFT JOIN somewhere to get attorneys without the detail section. Of course, then you have to deal with attorneys with no detail and no subreport.

If you can add criteria to the stored proc or the where clause that checks if the attorney has a subreport or not, that would be helpful.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version