Crystal Xcelsius
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Crystal Xcelsius
Message Icon Topic: Charting the worst performers Post Reply Post New Topic
bobsn

Online Status: Offline
Quote bobsn Replybullet Topic: Charting the worst performers
    Posted: 13 Feb 2008 at 12:57pm
HI all,

If anyone is familiar with the Xcelsius tool, please throw your ideas.

I have a excel spreadsheet having 7 columns and 45 rows.
The first column being the project name and the rest 6 are metrics (all percentages). I need to design 6 bar charts for each metric.

The X axis would be the percentage 0-100%
the Y being the name of the project. The chart doesnt have to display all the data. Only the 5 worst performers need to be displayed on the chart.

How do I get this functionality.

Appreciate the help

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2008 at 3:21pm
(Note: I created an Xcelsius forum category for questions like this)

I'm trying to visualize what you want. For the six bar charts, I assume each bar will correspond to one of the six numeric columns. Then, you want to get the minimum number in each column and plot it? If so, I would use a row at the bottom (50?) and have it print the smallest number in each column in row (I don't know the exact Excel function for Min()). Then base your Xcelsius chart off of Row 50. I think that will get you what you want.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
bobsn

Quote bobsn Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2008 at 5:18pm
Each bar chart would be a plot between percentages of that metric in this case CIT to the same info on the Y axis.  All the six are similar for 6 different metrics.

I have shown only 4 bars here but in all there are 45 items on the Y axis. So in each plot I need to display only the 10 worst percentages of that metric.

In excel I would need to pick the 10 least on each metric with their corresponding items for Y axis.

how do i upload a picture here...

thanks for the prompt reply

Edited by bobsn - 13 Feb 2008 at 5:19pm
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2008 at 11:58pm
You can't post images to the forum, but you can post one to any public photo sharing site and link to it here.

What you're going to have to do is put all the data you want to chart in a separater section of the spreadsheet. So if you will want to put the necessary formulas into the appropriate cells so that Xcelsius knows where to look for its data every time. Now, if you want to map the ten worst performers, then you should probably using the Excel sorting tool to move the worst performers to the first ten rows. Then you'll have them all in one place and can tell Xcelsius that it is the region to chart.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version