Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Number of rows and columns exceed the limit,65535 Post Reply Post New Topic
losway

Online Status: Offline
Quote losway Replybullet Topic: Number of rows and columns exceed the limit,65535
    Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 12:47am
Hi all,

Urgent help! I have encountered a problem in crystal report XI in Business object. When i am generating data, an error message popped out saying
' The number of rows or columns is too big. Try limiting the number of unique group values. Details: The number of rows or columns exceeds its limit, 65535.'

I suppose its the restriction of the crystal report, is it? Is there any solutions? Pse help , any expert out there?

Thanks a million
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 11:13pm
You say that you are generating data, but there is a known limit to Excel that it doesn't support more than 65,535 rows. So are you exporting data or just generating it to print to a report? If exporting, there is nothing you can do. Excel has this limit built into the spreadsheet.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
losway

Quote losway Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 5:59pm
Hi,

No, im just printing it to see the results then the error occurred before i can export to excel. So it should be the limitations of crystal reports rather than excel. Any idea how to solve this error?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 7:49pm
Hmmm.... Crystal shouldn't have this limitation. From looking at the error message, it looks like its the group levels that have this limitation (I didn't realize that). Don't know what to do here? I wonder it you break it into two subreports and then put both subreports on the same main report. That way it looks like one large report? Don't know.... 

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
zgyure

Quote zgyure Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2007 at 8:16am
Hi,
I got the same error when I made a cross- tab report in CR10. If I decrease the number of rows (top 100) than it works. But if I want to have 100k rows than I get the same error. How should I resolve this problem? Could you explain the 'group levels' restriction of CE?
Thanks,
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version