Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report Exporting to Excel Problems Post Reply Post New Topic
Chrispy1

Online Status: Offline
Quote Chrispy1 Replybullet Topic: Report Exporting to Excel Problems
    Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 9:12am
Hey everybody - first post on the site, and this couldn't have come along at a better time.  I'm working in Crystal XI, and we have a custom built application that I'm importing reports into.  My problem is this.  When I export the report to Excel, the cells are merged, there's empty columns between columns that have data, data's not lining up properly, etc.  I've looked on the web, and the one site i found said to blow up the design view to 400% and line up the fields using the grid, so there is one column of dots between fields.  OK, have done that.  Now I've got the oppostie problem - the Report exports into Excel fine, but when I view it in Crystal/the application, the report looks like poo poo - columns are overlapping, i get ###### in a couple of my date fields (so the field's not big enough,  I know, but when I expand it the column doesn't work in Excel).  Anyone have suggestions?  Thanks a million, I really appreciate it.
Chrispy1
There are 10 type of people in the world - Those that understand binary and those that don't.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 1:03pm
I've only done basic exporting to Excel and never had much problems with it. So I can't give great advice here. But have you considered exporting to CSV and then opening the CSV file in Excel? It should open the Excel file pretty cleanly and display the data (although if you need fancy formatting then it won't be included).
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2006 at 10:55am
In XI there are two options for exporting to Excel - plain export and data only.  The plain export is the one that does all the merged cells and other funky stuff in an effor to make it look like the report.  If you just want the data from the report in Excel so that it can be manipulated there, use the data only export.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Chrispy1

Quote Chrispy1 Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2006 at 2:10pm

Thanks Hilfy - works like a charm!  Cool

There are 10 type of people in the world - Those that understand binary and those that don't.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version