Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Promptex with quotes inside string Post Reply Post New Topic
stangers

Online Status: Offline
Quote stangers Replybullet Topic: Promptex with quotes inside string
    Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:24pm
I am somewhat of a Crystal Reports newbie and I'm using version XI. I have a report that I pass the parameter values using the promptex URL commands. They all work just fine unless the string I'm search for has quotation marks (") inside of it. This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that many of our users have them in that field.

For example, in our Remarks field the report runs fine if I send the following to the Remarks parameter in the report via the URL (promptex-Remarks=*shipping 1ea F condition*):

promptex-Remarks=*shipping+1ea+F+condition*

However, there are also similar records but they have double quotes around the F so that it looks like this (promptex-Remarks=*shipping 1ea "F" condition):

promptex-Remarks=*shipping+1ea+%22F%22+condition*

When I try to pass this value to the parameter I get an error stating "The syntax of the value for prompt 'Remarks' is incorrect. Please correct the syntax and try again. Thread was being aborted."

If I run the report from Crystal Reports it works even with the quotes inside the string but when I pass it through the URL it errors out. Any ideas on how to pass a string value with double quotes inside the string to the report using promptex? It seems like it's just a syntax problem but I've tried every different way I can think of.

Thanks,
Scott
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version