Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Note in footer double info Post Reply Post New Topic
carlav60

Online Status: Offline
Quote carlav60 Replybullet Topic: Note in footer double info
    Posted: 29 May 2008 at 6:48pm
I have a report that is grouped by dept, div, and account number.  I need to put notes at the bottom of the page for items that need explanation.

I created a spreadsheet in Excel with the dept, div, account number, and the note that needs to be added and linked it to Crystal. 

The problem is, when the report has notes in it, the information in the report doubles....each account is listed twice.  When there is not a note, the report is fine.

I am new to Crystal so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2008 at 4:34pm
Whenever I see the number or records doubling incorrectly, that is a sign that the tables are linked on a field that is appearing more than once. Thus, the primary key is showing up twice and doubling the output. In your Excel spreadsheet, do you put the Note on the same row as the other data or put it on its own row? If on its own row, this is probably causing the doubling and you should put it on the same row as the other data it relates to.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version