Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: CR 2008 and ODBC using Oracle Instant Client drive Post Reply Post New Topic
Tim Wise

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tim Wise Replybullet Topic: CR 2008 and ODBC using Oracle Instant Client drive
    Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 7:38am

Two questions.

I'm creating CR 2008 report using an ODBC connection. The ODBC driver is the Oracle Instant Client (version 10.2, I think.)

When I define the connection, I see only a few tables. I do not see the Tables, Views, Qualifiers tree that I see with a normal Oracle Server connection.

Does anybody know why this happens? Is there a CR ODBC driver that works better?

Second question: I have a .NET application that is pointing the report to another Oracle DB. In my db, table names are not unique -- each user has the same set of tables. I find that when the .net application sets the datasource, I get connected to the first table with a given name; I do not get the table scoped by the logon user.

In the .net application, how do I scope the table name to a particular user.

Any info helps. Thanks.
--
Tim

Edited by Tim Wise - 26 Jun 2008 at 7:39am
--
Tim
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 12:56pm
For your .NET problem, I don't know exactly where it's at in the Crystal SDK , but you need to look for a way to set the "TablePrefix" for the tables to the owner of the table you want to use in the report.

(In the BO XI report SDK it's in Report.ReportLogons[x].TableLocationPrefixes[y] - set the UseMappedTablePrefix property to true and the MappedTablePrefix property to the owner of the table.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Tim Wise

Quote Tim Wise Replybullet Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 8:30am
Thanks for the reply.

We tried various ways of scoping the table name without much success.

I think the problem is the Crystal ODBC driver and the fact that the login I'm using to Oracle has admin rights.

I traced the SQL issued by Crystal and it is querying for a list of tables. In the results, I see multiple tables with the same name but owned by different users. Crystal picks the first one in the list, rather than the one with my logon id.

An Oracle account with admin rights lets me see all tables owned by everybody. If I use an Oracle account that doesn't have admin rights, I see one one table, the one owned by the account.
--
Tim
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version