Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Failed to open the connection: Error Code 17 Post Reply Post New Topic
BMackKC

Online Status: Offline
Quote BMackKC Replybullet Topic: Failed to open the connection: Error Code 17
    Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 8:18pm
Here's an odd one.

Environment:
VB.NET Winform
Visual Studio 2008
.NET framework 2.0
Crystal Reports 2008
ODBC connection to SQL Server 2000 SP4

I have three reports, living in the same directory. They are essentially identical, except for the grouping. All three run successfully within Crystal reports.

From a report viewer Winform in VS, two of the three run. As I am dealing with a small data set, the reports render quickly. On the third report, There is a long pause when the report viewer form opens, then I finally get an error:

"Failed to open the connection.
Details: Database Vendor Code: 17
Failed to open the connection.
CallReportByExtension {58F5C135-7BA3-4215-898A-DADA6C7DAD9C}.rpt
Details:Database Vendor Code: 17

I was initially getting similar errors on all three reports, before changing the datasource location to my ODBC connection. I have double-checked the location, verified the database, etc.

What am I doing wrong? I can provide the VB code if requested, but since the other two reports work properly, I doubt it's code. Or I could send the .rpt files in question. I do know that I am passing the report name and path correctly to the report viewer form.

As I am about to kick my monitor through the window and become a street denizen, I would greatly appreciate any help that would be offered.

Thanks,

Mike Beckner
IP IP Logged
ntx3024

Quote ntx3024 Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 3:21pm
Were you able to resolve your issue? I am having the same issue, with the exception is that no report is working on one computer, yet the reports and applications work on all other computers in the domain. The one machine not working is a Windows 7 Professional. I have the application working on other Windows 7 Machines without a problem. I have profiled the SQL server and the report is not even attempting to connect to the SQL server.

Help
Mike OBrien
IP IP Logged
Mudasir

Quote Mudasir Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 6:06am
Dear All,

I am working on project in asp.net 4.0, and I use crystal report tool for reports. I create report, on my system reports are working properly but when  I publish my code and deployed to client side reports are not working and give same error as below:

"Failed to open the connection.
Details: Database Vendor Code: 17
Failed to open the connection.
CallReportByExtension {58F5C135-7BA3-4215-898A-DADA6C7DAD9C}.rpt
Details:Database Vendor Code: 17

so please help me what can I do..

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version