Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Object Size and Position Post Reply Post New Topic
KevinBond

Online Status: Offline
Quote KevinBond Replybullet Topic: Object Size and Position
    Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 8:26am
I am confused.  This may be very simple, and maybe I am just missing something which would make all of this clear to me.  I am attempting to set the size and position of an object on my report (a field object).  When I set the X coordinate to 1.150 it actually sets itself to 1.140.  When I set the X-position to 1.240 it sets itself to 1.230.  Now, when I set it to 1.250, it remains as 1.250.  I have snap to grid turned off, but I still cannot set the position (nor the size) precisely.  Anyone have any ideas, or know of a reason why I cannot do this?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Ouch
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 4:47pm
Odd, I never came across this problem. Instead of turning grid on and off, what about setting the grid size to be something like .01?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
KevinBond

Quote KevinBond Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 6:13am
When setting .01 in X, the result is that X becomes .000.  When setting it for Y, Y becomes 0.020.  :-(   I actually found the issue on another forum, and it seems that it is a bug.  Here is what I found, in case anyone else is experiencing this (according to the author, his applies to Crystal 8.5 through XI):

When you change the settings in ‘object size and position’ for an object, CR will often (but not always) reduce the numbers you entered by .01 without any warning. So if you specifically set the ‘X’ value to 0.69, CR may change it to 0.68 after you click ‘OK’. You won’t see the change until you go back into the ‘object size and position’ property again. The funny part is that if you open it back up to check the number and click ‘OK’ again, CR will reduce it again to .67, and next time to .66, and so on. The workaround in the official BO knowledge base? When this happens just set the value to be .01 higher than you really want.
The numbers tend to stop this behavior when they reach .x0 values, like .70 or .40 and sometimes when they reached a .x5 value. I guess there is some internal rounding that fails.

Taken from : http://kenhamady.com/cru/archives/36#more-36

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version