Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Showing MEMO fields from MSACESS database Post Reply Post New Topic
rajeshkhanna_in

Online Status: Offline
Quote rajeshkhanna_in Replybullet Topic: Showing MEMO fields from MSACESS database
    Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 6:16am
Hi experts
I'm a newbee in using Crystal Reports. I need your help to sort out a problem. I have developed a software which is basically a Question Paper Maker which required me to save data in MSACCESS database with MEMO fields because I wanted to preserve the formatting (tables, rows coloumns, pics etc.)
Now when I try to show this field in Crystal Reports 8.5 there are only three options (uninterpreted, RTFText, HTMLText). My problem is if I use RTFText format then it only prints the text with the formatting (all the other things tables, rows, cols, disappear and pics dont show at all.)

Can anybody help? I will be highly grateful

Rajesh Khanna
Computer will Soon Be Obsolete
IP IP Logged
Savan

Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 11:32pm
Rajesh,

I am not sure wheter this will help out you. In MsAccess set the text property to "Rich text" of the memo field. By doing this the text will stored and formated as html text.

In crystal report when you place this memo field in report, in the format option, click the paragraph tab and change the text Interpretation to "HTML text", by doing this i am sure  that table format is preserved. 
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
rajeshkhanna_in

Quote rajeshkhanna_in Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 8:27pm
Dear Savan thanks for your genuine interest.
I would like to share with you that there seems to be no such property like TEXT for a memo field in MSACCESS.

And without setting such property when i interpret the text to be HTMLText it shows some wierd characters on the report.

Please Savan can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance
Rajesh Khanna
IP IP Logged
Savan

Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 10:23pm
Rajesh which version of MsAccess are you using. i checked this option in MS Access 2007. Are you also using the same version?
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
rajeshkhanna_in

Quote rajeshkhanna_in Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 6:59am
hi savan

I'm using MSOFFICE 2000. does it make difference as which version are we using for MSACCESS? i thought that at least the database behaviour would be same for all.

And if this feature of text type is available only in 2007 version of OFFICE does that mean that if I'm distributing my application, all the machines must have 2007 installed on these machines?

Thanks

Rajesh Khanna
IP IP Logged
Savan

Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 11:39pm
Rajesh

I think there are some new additional features in MS Access 2007.  I had never worked with MS Access 2000.  As i am having MS Access 2007, i had checked your query before replying.  I thought this may help in getting your problem solved. Please let me know if you find any other solution.
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
rajeshkhanna_in

Quote rajeshkhanna_in Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 9:31am
Dear Savan

Thanks for your suggestion, I will definitely try it and let you know if it worked. 'cause i'm not at my computer right now.

Thanks once again.

Rajesh Khanna
IP IP Logged
rajeshkhanna_in

Quote rajeshkhanna_in Replybullet Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 10:46pm
hi savan

Sorry i was out of station for some time and couldnot talk to you. Anyway I tried to convert the texttype to rtftext and eventually interpret the field in crystal reports as htmltext. But now there are some more characters added (some were already there before, which were rtf coding), I think they are html characters.

So the problem still remains.

I tried using MSACCESS 2007 with crystal reports xi.

Also does it make a difference if I'm taking the input of this field in a Richtextbox in vb 6.0?

Please reply

Rajesh Khanna
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version